Music Monthly | March 2016

It's only half of April, that's not too bad for March Music Monthly, is it?  And it's finally begining to look a lot like... spring! Without further delay, let's listen to some music. For me March was slightly more on the contemporary radio pop side. but we don't mind that, do we? Click below to read more and listen to X Ambassadors, Duke Dumont, a bit of James Bay and more ;)

Here comes the sun...

First up, a song which we can safely call THE hit of the spring 2016. "7 Year Old" by Lucas Graham. Lucas Graham the band. Called after the lead singer, Lucas Graham. The Danish ensemble reached worldwide fame with this track inspired by the departure of Lucas' father and by... life. That's what I like about it the most: the true, honest emotion and a certain wisdom about life. It is so rare these days that a big hit is not, in one way or another, a love song. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just love when we get a good song that is not about love. They are all the more precious. Oh and guess what, when Lucas sings live, he's just as good as on the record.



Next, X Ambassadors and "Renegades" with a lovely message and a brutally inspiring music video. Musically it may not be the most inventive, but it's strong in what it is and it works. Go forth and have no fear!



Still on the radio waves, I've found a Duke Dumont track that I actually like! Yay, that took a while. All the previous ones I found mildly annoying, if catchy. "Ocean Drive" is different. Perhaps it's the slightly 80's vibe that draws me to it and makes me dance. The official music video hasn't impressed me very much, nor did it represent my interpretation and feelings from the song, so instead let's listen to an extended mix (with bits they don't play on the radio, woop! )



Leaving the hot tracks of right now and going a little further back in time, I'm gonna throw in another James Bay song. I listened to him a lot last summer and in March, as my social and cultural life got quite busy, I found myself going back to him as my getting-ready-to-go-out music. So here is another one of my favourites: "If You Ever Want To Be In Love". I live for that moment after the intro when the bass kicks in ... <3



I've saved the oldest (and the best) for the end. You see, we had a big family celebration of my mother's birthday. It was a nice little (as "little" as our family is, that is) chilled afternoon in a restaurant we booked. (The first time we did this kind of thing outside of our home. Success! ) We decided to not care about music and just leave it to the restaurant and whatever their lounge mix would be pleaying, which turned out to be the best decision! Because they played... mostly... The Beatles. So me and my older brother, whom I don't see that much any more, we found ourselves talking Beatles albums...  and it was bliss <3 and it was family <3
I wanted to play you "Here Comes The Sun", but here comes the problem: the original versions are hard to find on YouTube. Copyright people are keeping a keen eye on the Liverpool boys. And I am no fan of digital remastering. So, I ended up turning to the official VEVO page and picking "A Day In The Life", which I used to hate when I was little :D That chaotic orchestra part towards the end used to stress me out so much!!! It doesn't any more :)


And there we are, at the end of this sudden music post surge.
Or are we? *cheeky wink*

What is the most spring song you can think of? Tell me in the comments, folks, I shall be listening to your suggestions :)

Until next time,
take care. xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013