Butterfly Cards

It's been painfully long since I ventured into any papercrafting and I've been missing it sorely.

Come spring, my mum had an important birthday and we were giving her concert tickets... Naturally, it fell to me to handcraft a birthday card/ticket holder. For your esthetic pleasure, I am here to share the result :)

I had a colour scheme, then I went a bit mad in a craft shop when I bought anything and everything that could potentially be used for the colour scheme and spring mood...
The finished card turned out rather well, I think :)

I particularly enjoy how the yellow striped paper, unexpectedly, works well with the butterfly pattern :) One thing that I've learned from my online crafting gurus: mixing patterns is about colours, which obviously need to match, and the size of the patterns, which need to be different.

The inside with the tickets looked like this: 


I still had a lot of the material left and was in a spring creative fit, so I decided to make use of both. On a day I was feeling particularly (and inexplicably) low, I just thought to myself: How can I make myself feel better? I know, I will make something. Create.

A couple of hours (and episodes of -insert TV series- ) later, I had this lovely baby:


My favourite part of my creative process is that bit when I have the basic idea sort of lined up and then I just gather all the different bits and pieces, patterned papers, embelishments and I try them on each other to see which ones work best, what shapes, what patterns, what textures fit together nicely. I love trying out the different options and then, somehow, something tells you which way to go. Sometimes you know straight away, sometimes it takes a while, but that that's the part of creative magic, isn't it?


And the best thing?
It worked. It most definitely worked and made me feel better :)
I recommend crafting of any kind, if you need something to pick up your mood.

What has been your latest creative endeavour? Do you have anything springy going on? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013