Holiday

So I went on a holiday. A proper week-long, taking time off my work and going abroad kind of holiday. That was a first! Second time on a sea-side family holiday, but the first one was about 14 year ago. I barely remember anything. All in all, exciting stuff!




We went to Croatia and stayed in little town called Šimuni on the island of Pag. I thought I would share a couple of my favourite photos, because... some of them turned out quite well I think. And they demonstrate the peaceful atmosphere very well.









I don't think I've ever spent so much time near the sea before. I find it all very fascinating and magical - the sea and the sea people. Our landlord, for example, in addition to owning and running the holiday apartments is also a mechanic, a shepherd and a fisherman. I assume that doing just one or two things would not be enough to make a living. But that's the way life is in these places, I suppose. Back to the sea: fascinating and magical, yet at the same time oddly natural. It has a life of its own. Sometimes when a family member pointed out something interesting, I felt like saying: but it can't be any other way. It's the sea. That's what the sea does. Natural with a captial N.



I was very grateful we managed to avoid the main tourist season, which meant there were less people and everything was mostly quiet :) The weather was still decent and warm enough to swim and bathe in the sea, even though there was some very cold strong wind. I didn't mind. I like snuggling up in a blanket in the morning and in the night #cozy


Here's a little thing that I wrote down on the last day of our stay. It's been a while since I've had words come into my head like this...

Complete and utter calm. 
Not thinking about anything or anyone. 
Clearing my mind of all the things that need to be done, organized, fixed, of all the “what if’s”, “if only’s” and “should have’s”. 
No man, no thing, no matter. 
No worries…Just existing. Here and now. 
Peacefully. 
In this quiet sunlit corner of the world. The sky is clear. The devilish cold wind has finally ceased today and I’m spending the morning on our terrace, letting my skin soak up the sun rays, without actually changing colour and tanning…Occasionally a shadow of a sea gull surfing in the sky crosses my body. There’s a rhythmic noise of tiny little sea waves flapping against the side of a boat in the port just down the street from us. 
Peace. 
Complete and utter calm.



I <3 sea gulls. Not sure why, but I do.








That's is for now. Short sweet and visual :)
If we're lucky, there might be a post about summer music on the way. Let's hope I make it before we full on hit the autumn ;)
Take care, lovelies! xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013