Gifts of Nature


or

Townie Goes to the Countryside and Photographs Apples


I just got back home from a little trip that made me think about nature...


We went to visit /help out my relatives who have a little cottage in a tiny village in the countryside. I am very much a city girl, born and raised in the biggest city we have in this country, and I love it with all my heart. However, half of my heritage comes from the south of Bohemia and I suppose that part of me have been reawakend recently. Maybe it's because since I've started working I am pretty much tied up in the city and if I want to go out, I need to make time for it and then I appreciate it more... But recently, whenever I've had a chance to get out of the noise and smoke and spend time near actual nature, it has always felt very special, like I came back to something that has been missing in my life. It feels like nature has some sort of a calming presence that fills a hole deep inside me...

Last weekend I spent half a day picking apples in the warm September sunshine. Oh, the pleasure of a basketful of apples that you have handpicked yourself! So satisfying! And I started thinking of all the different kinds of pies that I'm going to try to bake and what not :) There were so many apples! You could live on them for a year :D Seriously though, I very much felt intuned with... agriculture, I'd say. Just being aware of how much nature provides for us if we take good care it, how much it has to offer, all of which was momentarily represented by a lot of apples.

This is just a little snippet of what I thought about and I felt I should share it with you.
We should remind ourselves more often to be grateful for the way our planet works and that we really should treat it nice in return. It's really just the polite thing to do.
Take care, lovelies. Enjoy autumn and be grateful.
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013