Out of August & Into September

Watch out! A spontaneous blog post that I didn't plan for is happening. Riiiiight now:

Because I am an oversharing producer of words, here is what I have been up to in August:
  • been sleeping on/under Westminster Bridge :)
 
  • been wearing a lot of nude lipstick. I've found the perfect shade for me and I proclaim it my staple lip colour of summer 2014. It's like I'm not wearing anything on my lips, but I am! :D (fyi: Maybelline Color Whisper in 720 "Mocha Muse")
  • My choir sang at this event for young people... It was about a week (plus a couple of days preparation) of singing for cca 500 people, twice a day, most of which went live on tv (only a small channel, don't get too excited. but still. kinda cool, yeah?) It was very demanding both physically and mentally, tough for us as a team of musicians, who are trying to be as professional as we possibly can, whilst also being just a group of friends trying to have fun together. In the end, I think we did great. Couldn't have done any better. And it was fun. And sleep deprivating. 
  • been cherishing little moments of friendship, even if they were the simplest, smallest things :)  
  • been offered something immensely challenging that could either be the right kind of opportunity that will help me grow as a person and a musician or it could be just a step to far and could break me down into pieces. I don't know what to doooo... *throws things into the air in panic*
  • new Doctor Who season! I'm saying: NEW Doctor!!! Capaldi is on! :)
Clara & Twelve :)




And now, same as last year, I am battling through a bizarre kind of early September gloom and sadness. Actually it's probably not bizarre at all. It seems to relate to my unemployed life situation vs. the air of new beginnings, people starting new schools, jobs, moving houses.... However I am still doing my best not to lose the grip, keep living (if possible, be happy) and try something new that might help me change things. Only there's a load of officialdom and bureaucratic stupidity in the way, which makes it tiring and uneasy. I am making steps to enroll into a re-qualification course and, ideally, have the job centre pay for it for me. Will tell you more depending on how it all works out ;)

How was your late summer? And what have you going on right now? Any new beginnings? Tell me in the comments. Don't worry, I will not break down with envy ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013