Hudson Taylor Gig | Support #1: Kimberly Anne



If you are not (and want to be) in the loop on what led up to me being at a gig at the Electric Ballroom in Camden, read here ;)) Otherwise, welcome and let me introduce you to the first support act of the night, which was a girl with a guitar, big voice and big hair, going by the name of Kimberly Anne.


I liked her personality :) She was like half singer-songwriter, half comedian. The little chats in between songs were lovely. She even got us singing some BVs for her, which I enjoyed tremendously. Standing there in front of a stage, listening to LIVE music, singing along (and taking pride in how well I can sing, even if it was just the simplest little thing) ... It was one of those special moments, that I shall treasure and remember forever. And a sentence suddenly arose inside me... I know it sounds weird, but I can't explain it. Sometimes a couple of words just emerge out of nowhere and I know they are the truth. At least in that particular moment. It said:
“My heart in only ever truly content in music.”
Not around it, not near it, but inside music. And I felt blessed and ever so greatful for being able to be there and appreciate it.

Her set was a tiny little one, songs included (among others): “Bury It There”, “La La” and “Hard As Hello", which I now urge you to listen to. I've chosen a mix of an intimate solo recording, live footage from a gig  and an official music video, so you can get a better picture of what she's like. Or her music rather. You know what I mean ;) :D







I suggest you check her out on YouTube, twitter, tumblr, facebook, wherever you like. I believe she has an EP out right now that you can buy if you want to :) And feel free to let her know who sent you ;)

I'll see you soon with another part of my Electric Ballroom impressions.
  • for support act #2, Flyte >>click here<< What are you waiting for? Trust me, you will not regret it! 
  • for the headline act, my favourite guitar boys in the world, Hudson Taylor >>click here<< 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013