Hudson Taylor Gig | Support #2: Flyte


Welcome to another part of my live music experience in the Electric Ballroom in Camden Town. If you haven't already, don't forget to have a look what I've been doing on the gig day and who the first support act of the night was. All caught up? Let's get to it then :)

There was a short technical break. In the meantime we were kept entertained by some reproduced music, which was a good mix of old-timey and folksy type of things (Simon & Garfunkel among others). Then out of the blue, as a complete surprise, a 4-piece band that I don’t know takes the stage. Turns out there’s another support band before Hudson Taylor come on :) Weeell, when I say a surprise, I mean I should have realized, ‘coz I did notice there were 2 sets of drums on the stage and I wondered what the deal with that was... Duh! There's another band. Silly Maree :D

Please, excuse the rubbishness and zero reporting value of the photo.


The band was (I didn’t quite catch the name, but luckily I saw the bass drum being carried away after their set ->) Flyte. And oooh, I fell instantly in love with their sound <3.

Subsequent online research revealed names of band members: Will Taylor (lead vocals, guitar), Nick Hill (bass, vocals), Sam Berridge (keyboards, vocals), Jon Supran (drums, vocals).

I now intend to smother you with their songs :) as always, trying to show a variety of performanes ranging from bedroom videos, through different live gigs, to a quirky music video. You can have it all! Plus my opinions thrown in for free.

They opened with “Over and Out”, which had such a special and unique kick to it :) I shall treat you to a slightly toned down street version:



All of their music was… I’m looking for words... which is not usually the case with me... There’s a groovy base, awesome drums,.. The rhythm just made me want to dance. Or run. Or both! (I don't mean run in a frightened way obviously, more like in a ... joyful, energetic, happy, life-y way. You know what I mean, don't you?) Very good lead vocals and the BVs were sooo dreamy <3 <3 Overall they sound indie, but grounded in something classically British... Especially the BV harmonies channeled the good old Beatles and such… And they were SO TIGHT! Honestly, I was very impressed with the vocal qualities and you know I don’t say that lightly.



Other songs in their set included: “Harley Street”, “We Are The Rain” (single, out now, you can buy it), “Chasing Heaven”, my particular favourite “Faithless” and others. I don't remember everything. Was a bit out of my mind ;)



I know it’s good music when it
a) immediately sparks a dance routine in my head and I can feel all the right moves and all, like ... inside I’m dancing :)
b) instantly has me singing along in the harmonies, because… Aaaaaargh! so! damn! good! I cannot contain it!



Yep, so... the conclusion of this is that I LOVE FLYTE !!! <3 (Also, good looking lads, they are :) Their set had so much energy! I couldn't believe that I got so lucky and quite accidentally stumbled upon a live performance of such a great live band. I just wish it was a bit more dancy type of an event/audience … :)


They seem to be touring at the end of October (with some cool support bands that I don't know, but plan to get familiar with), and if I understand correctly a good portion of the gigs is free (yipeeee, free live music <3) So if you have the smallest chance, I do heartily recommend going to see them. You will not regret it, I promise you! And if you see them or even are so lucky to meet them in person, give them a hug from me, all right? :)

Source & more info

What do you think about them? Like what you hear? Be sure to check out their YouTube channel for a couple more songs and twitter and facebook if you don't want to miss any news.

I dare to predict the brightest of futures for Flyte. When they are worldwide famous, you have my permission to tell people, that you heard about them from me ;)

That's all from me for today. Not long now and you'll be able to read and listen to what Ireland's finest guitar brothers had to offer on that night :) For Hudson Taylor >>click here<< 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013