I'm On My Way...

... from misery to happiness todaaay (*cue sing-along in a Scottish accent*)

Here is the big announcement and the super exciting adventure that I have been hinting pretty much for about 2 months now. And surely, the Sherlocks and Watsons among you have already figured it out, because the last couple of clues that I left were so damn obvious...

I will be visiting London.

In less than a month, for a couple of days, I will be in the actual London town over in my beloved Britain.

I had a new passport made :) Which in in itself deserves a celebration, because for the first time in my life I have a good picture on an ID type of thing. Love my passport. Here it is with my super London-y folder where I keep all my organizing and planning stuff for the trip. 


I didn't want to say anything in public until it was for certain that I can go. And honestly, never in my life has there been a project with so many ups and downs. I had everything planned and ready and then it all spectacularly fell apart, then it started looking up again, then everything went wrong... So much uncertainty! But I tried not to lose hope and in the end I asked for a bit of help from my family. End result: positive. I will get into a bit of debt, but for London, I don't care. This is important.

Firstly, because it's London. I believe I do not need to explain to you what that means to a passionate anglophile who spends a good amount of her life wondering why she is living in the wrong country. London is the heart of the culture, which somehow... is my culture. 

Secondly, I cannot remember the last time I went on a holiday. A holiday as in a trip for fun, sightseeing, experiencing different places. I travel very little, and when I do, it is usually to do with my choir and spend most of the time singing somewhere (Which is great! but it's not a holiday.) Ever since my university failures, stuck in long term unemployment, there has been this general mood that I really shouldn't, I do not deserve to go on a trip and have fun. And I finally decided to take a stand against that. Yes, I need to get a job asap. Yes, I can't go spending money if I'm not earning anything. But for once in a while, I deserve something good to cheer me up and give me some life energy. I refuse to continue the pathetic and  resigned whining of how much I wish I could go to the UK. I'm going and that's it. Mind you, I wanted this to be a quite independent endeavour, where I sort out everything myself and need hardly any help from other people, especially not my parents. That didn't work out... But I am willing to step over my pride. Because it's London waiting for me <3



Last time I was there, the only time I've ever been there, in fact, was more than 7 years ago. It was on a school trip and only for 1 day, which barely counts as a visit. This time will be different! 

The plan is to meet up with some friends, one friend in particular, who through some peculiar workings of fate became one of my ultimate besties over the internet. We've been friends for about 3,5 years and we've never met. And now it is finally going to happen in London. Ironically. Because Elizabeth is from Slovakia :D But she shares much of my englishy passion, so to be fair, London is the perfect place for us to meet.

Oh, I just can't stop saying it now. London. London. London.

AND, I can't believe I almost forgot tomention this. As if visiting London wouldn't be amazing enough,...

Hudson Taylor in concert. 

's all I'm sayin.

img source
That was actually the first inspiration behind this crazy adventure :) So thank you, HT for making my life awesome! Out of all the excitement surrounding the trip, this for me is the one thing I still cannot get my head around. I will be seeing my favourite band live! !!!!!!!!!!!

*Deep breaths*

If you have any tips on what to do, where to go, what I definitely should not miss out on while I'm there (preferably for as little money as possible), do let me know in the comments. I'm all ears! eyes rather.

I hope I will be able take you with me on this little adventure, share some of the frenzy and excitement of the preparations and then... Just you wait for the overexcited stories when I come back :D

Comments

  1. Ahh, good for you!
    As for the tips - I gather (based on my sister's and cousin's London visit) that it's a must for every girl to visit Primark when in the UK... idk..
    Personally, I would rather visit National Gallery (it's for free as far as I know) or some museums.

    BTW That fangirling is kinda cute. Lucky guys...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sister and your cousin are correct indeed. Primark is already on the list :D

      Delete
  2. Cannot wait! ;) Totally up for a Science Museum and Natural History Musuem visit, also National Gallery (havent been there myself yet). Not that Im too keen on this kind of stuff, but we need to make use of the free access :D Im surely going to see UCL so we could have a day off there and around Oxford Street if youd like...aaand HT! wop wop ♥ very exciting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward for nice photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Music Monthly: September 2013

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!