Music Monthly: January 2014

My dear music readers, if you are still here, I'm not going to lie: I don't know what's happening. I've had some sort of a blogger's block on the January music compilation, which is slightly impractical, given that it was supposed to start off the new series for 2014. Ah well, what can you do. I will try to keep this as short and concise as possible. And you, please try to forgive me and overlook this slip up. On with the show, then! No more delays!

* Don't forget to vote in my little poll over in the right bar,
where you can have your say on what kind of content you like to see on here! 
So far the results are turning out quite interestingly :) *

I started the year in a bit of a Gabrielle Aplin mood :) (Already on the wave of my upcoming post, hopefully.) I have been loving this song since December and still haven't got bored of it. I doubt that I ever will :) "Salvation" is the latest single from Gabby's current debut album and she delivers the tune with yet another stunning vocal performance. The oh so lovely music video only reinforces the cathartic and purifying sense of the song.



The next two tracks are the "used to be indie, but now we're popular" section :D Imagine Dragons and Foster the People. Out of these particular songs I probably prefer the first one, but I mainly want to point you to both of the music videos, which I find particularly interesting, funny and inventive.





A chilled jazzy little piece. I heard it accidentally on the radio, during a sleepless night, and it calmed me down in such a lovely way that I almost fell asleep. Almost, because I had to find a piece of paper and a pencil to note down some of the lyrics, so I could look the song up on the next day. Still, I find this mellow type of jazz very soothing and sleep-inducing :) It is in Czech and very poetic. I apologize for not being capable of translating the particular play on words in the title. You will have to content yourself with the insanely good vocal qualities of Dan Bárta.



London Grammar is one of the promising young bands that emerged last year and started reaching larger audiences. I'm offering you the latest single from their debut album, a song titled "Nightcall". For the last time, let me draw your attention to the remarkable music video...



I see that, with one exception, this has turned into a bit of a music video parade :) I hope you didn't mind.
I also hope you can pardon the immense delay of this post and its possible lack of spirit. Things have been getting busier and busier for me. And while I have about 3-4  blogposts in my mind that I am very excited about and want to get them done as soon as possible, this one just didn't fit my mood at all :/ Still, I do not want to give up on Music Monthly, so... here we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013