Physical Sacrifices for Earring Sparkles

Before I forget, I have a little poll going on over there on the right side ---------->
somewhere in the bar, where you can vote and let me know what kind of content you would like see more of on Dance the Drizzle. So go ahead and tick some boxes :)

Now to business: this is what I've been up to during the weekend:


Basically I pulled out a little box of beads and other components that I had put aside more than a year ago with the noble intention of making myself some earrings in green and blue, as my collection had been missing something decent in those particular colours. Well anyway, as the weather finally remembered that it's supposed to be freezing cold in January, I've spent the weekend tucked up at home, safe and warm, watching endless hours of British crime tv series and making these lovely sparkly bad boys.



It proved to be a little more time consuming than I had expected. Turns out that the first one of the pair is just really difficult as you have to work out exactly what goes where and how to make it the prettiest. My stupid perfectionism kept forcing me to switch up the various components, try them in different positions over and over again, until I was satisfied. In the end I had to take a break before finishing the last one, even though I was sooo eager to get it done. However the palm of my right hand disagreed as it was beginning to show bruises from the pliers I had been using to bend and cut all the tricky little wire... thingies (*Maree realizes her severe lack of vocabulary in this area of crafting and hides under the table*). It's no easy business this crafty thing. It demands sacrifices! So yeah, it was actually quite a painful and heroic achievement getting this done :P


So my earring collection is now 2 pairs richer and I am tucking all the beads and pliers back into their drawer. I was thinking of maybe making some more of these lock & key ones and maybe selling them, but my hand needs rest or it will fall off. I am of course exaggarating, but when I was opening my bedroom door last night and grabbed the handle, it actually hurt, so... No pliers and no beads. I think I should go back to paper for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Music Monthly: September 2013

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!