With Every Christmas Card I Write...

Now that all the cards I've made this year have been recieved by my dear friends, I can finally show you what they looked like without spoiling any surprises :)



I've been at a bit of a loss for inspiration this year. All I knew was that I wanted to use some bits of patterned paper that I got recently. (A stationery shop nearby opened a new section with lots of papercrafting supplies and it's all so dangerously cute! I must consciously try to avoid going there or else large amounts of money would end up being spent on papery things.) Anyway, in the end I only made a couple of cards for my nearest and dearest friends.

It all turned out quite simple, heavily based on the patterned paper and then touched up with cute little bows and a few drops of glitter glue, just to give it some sparkle.


Except for this one, which I made for my Whovian buddy and general cultural friend. It's a card that's bigger on the inside, like the tardis, and making it literally hurt my brain. Let me link you to a tutorial video, where you can see how the basic structure is made and how it opens, and opens again... I had to watch it about 5 times, then I tried it on a scrap paper. It worked, but I was still staring at it for another 10 minutes unable to grasp exactly how it worked :D 



Please, make note of the timelordy fob watch inside, the round things and the bow tie. Bow ties are cool.

The thing is, with my cards, I take a lot of time to make them. But when I do, I throw myself into it. And while I'm crafting away, I always think about the person that I'm making it for, which then leads me in a certain direction or another... and I am putting a bit of myself into it. If you have ever received a card from me, or even a silly little present that I wrapped and tied with a bow, rest assured that you have received a piece of my heart with it. 

Merry Christmas, friendlies and Merry Christmas, papercrafters! xx

Comments

  1. Oh my how crafty, I do love that Tardis art, that's marvellous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013