October Cards

So, I finally got into a little bit of cardmaking again. It's been too long. But it always is, when I first need to clear my desk area to pull out all the paper crafty supplies. When I finally did, I wanted to make something autumny. My sister has asked me to make a get-well card for her friend and it took me a looooong time (my sister could tell you how long) to come up with a suitable idea. In the end, all it took were some buttons and white gel pen (that I gad to make a special trip for, because the one that I had decided to die on me. tragic loss.). I think this is the most autumny card I've made so far :) I'm very happy and proud of this baby :)


This next card is a little something that happened quite spontaneously. I was on a train,
holding my sketchbook, and I was staring out of the window, watching the colourful autumn landscape, when I started randomly drawing some cloud shapes... And the rest is history. I thought it might be interesting to show you the comparison between the first sketch and the actual card based on it. I don't always work this way, some cards don't need sketches and they happen straight away, but this silly little idea was concieved on a train, so it did need a sketch. I am quite unsure about what to do with this one. It is very simplistic, looks a little bit gloomy, but then there is that tiny sparkly cloud... I feel like maybe I was making this one more for myself than somebody else. But who am I to say that other people can't be feeling the way that I do. Maybe somebody will find good use of it and maybe it will make somebody raise their eyes from the ground and see the sparkly cloud.


Also I have re-vamped a couple of older cards that I just wasn't happy with. This one that I called "Good Luck With An Orange Bow" was a bit of a troublemaker. No, not the whole card. The bow was a troublemaker. It was just too big. The card hardly fit into an envelope. Plus it wouldn't stay on properly and it would keep coming off. So I decided to ditch the big orange ribbon and go for something a bit more subtle. I'm not sure what I think about the switch up yet... I realize that it lacks the bold kick of vibrant colour that the original had. On the other hand, it is much more practical so the card can actually be used. Finally. And that is what cards are for, after all. Also, the texture of the new ribbon agrees much better with the card and the tiny bit of adhesive that I used to keep it in place. So I think I should take a deep breath, give this project a thumbs up and move on.


And now it's time to start working on the Christmas cards. I can't wait to see what I will come up with. It's always like a little bit of magic. I'm playing with paper, scissors and glue and then WOAH! there's a card on my table... It will never cease to amaze me.

Have you been indulging in any crafty activities this autumn? Let me know in the comments :)

P.S. This is my fourth blogpost this month. I'm on a roll! woop woop! Follow me on Twitter or Bloglovin, or subscribe by e-mail in that box thingy up top on the right side if you don't want to miss any new posts ;)

Take care, lovelies! xx

Comments

  1. Nice cards! I like the "silverlined" very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant! I'd love to see some of your Christmas cards!! I've been making paper snowflakes and festive t-lights this month, but that's about it. I should have made my Christmas cards this year but I think it's a little late now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013