Autumnal Joys

How very lovely it is to see all those bright coloured leaves! If it was only for this, autumn would have to be my favourite time of the year. But there is more: sweaters and earthier tones in all the new fall/winter collections arriving to the shops and the slightly lazy sunshine which gets ever so precious every day we have it. One thing that I am not so fond of is the temperature drop. I don't like change very much. If I get used to a certain temperature range, it bothers me that it then changes and keeps jumping up and down and one has to keep both the light and the warmer clothing close at hand, ready to switch between according to the latest weather whim. 

I decided to share with you some of the things that have been making me smile in the past couple of weeks. Warning, this post contains girly things like nail polish and clothes. And I've got photos! :) Here's one:


When all the shops are filled with new collections, I always go through a phase of madly loving and wanting everything, because it's all so neeeew and prrrrettyyy. It later proceeds into a phase of decidedly settling on a couple of items that, based on my taste and style, I really like. This time of year those are usually sweaters and boots. This year in particular, ankle boots. Sadly, my budget doesn't allow for much boot-splurging at the moment. So can you imagine my delight, when I found an old pair of tie up ankle boots at home? They used to belong to my grandmother, so they must be some 40 or 50 years old. And I have barely worn any other shoes since I found them! I love them so much because 1) they're so old, darlings, and they have a story and all that, 2) they didn't cost me a penny :) And I can even pull them off with a skirt or a dress, which says something, because I am not typicaly a skirts&dresses girl and I always struggle with footwear when I am trying to be.


Favourite number two: don't tell anybody (yeah, don't bother, I will write it on the internet and tell everybody myself), but I was a bit naughty and got carried away while buying nail polish.  I usually allow myself to buy a new shade every 3 months. and no more! Just to make sure that I don't spend a fortune on hectoliters of nail polish that I would never use up anyway. Well, I discovered that I haven't bought one in a loooong time and I was allowed to get 2 bottles now! I wanted some kind of a nice autumnal colour + a deep dark red that I've been wanting for a while. Ehm. What happened was that I fell in love with 3 lovely shades, perfect for autumn, and the red one.. I left the red one behind in the end. I was coming for 2, then wanted 4 and left with 3. Here they are. Essence, btw. I like their nail polishes, coz they are very affordable and reasonably small bottles, so there is an actual chance for you to use up all the product, and the quality is quite good for so little money.

139 walk on the wild side, 126 date in the moonlight, 116 gorgeous bling bling
One more "fashion-related" thing... What's happened to me? It looks like I'm trying to be a fashion and beauty blogger :D I'm not, I promise! I just wanted to add something more visual to break the pattern of all the music you get on here ;) So, here is a C&A long sleeved T-shirt, that my mum got me and that I am super chuffed about for 3 reasons. no.1: colour, no.2: fox (even though we don't know what it says), no.3: CRAFTY. After all, who is a crafty fox if not me?  ;)


I actually shot this myself. I sneakily borrowed a tripod, whipped up a camera, played with it for a while to learn how to do a couple of things and then I had myself a little photo-shoot. I must say that I am very pleased with the results, there goes a fresh set of profile pictures :) Also, I played with Picmonkey doing some editing and collages and stuff... Overall, I've been learning lots of new and useful photography skills. Yipee! Here's my face again. I'm sorry for being so narcissistic. I just like the pics. I look happy in them. Because I am. I am in that post-singing-trip-with-my-choir state of happiness.


Right, I shall stop this before you scroll yourself to the other side of the Earth. Just one more photo, because it was a lovely, surprisingly warm and sunny day today and I went for a little walk with my mum. We ended up discovering beautiful places in our city that we had no idea existed: a secret little garden and then a church with a former monastery, which has actually been there since 1350. Ehmm... Only we just never got into that part of town, so we didn't know it was there. Sadly, my camera ran out of battery, I only managed to take 2 pictures. One of them you saw at the very top of this madly long photo posting. And I shall say goodbye with the other one.


Comments

  1. How nice autumn photos, my dear creative sis! Was it Karlov?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013