Scents of September


About 6:30 am. I had to go to work an hour early that day. And it turned out to be lovely.

Hello, hello! Long time no see, I know. Let's not dwell on that. Let's enjoy that for once in a century I have something worth sharing with the internet and here it is:
I don't recall this ever happening to me before, but recently my nose has been very perceptive and it seems to affect my mood or appreciation of a certain place, a situation, etc. It might seem rather peculiar, but here is a list of interesting smells that caught my... er... nose... last month.
  • Rabbits. A couple of hudreds pure-bred animals ranging from dwarfs to giants. Sometimes a slightly aggresive stench attacking your nostrils, but the fluffy bastards are so cute! 
  • Sunlight. The early September heatwave. I love these late summer/early autumn warm days :) And the smell of long and dry grass, bushes and trees roasting in the constant, almost deadly, supply of sunrays. The poor plants, all scorched and tired. I like to go on little explorative walks, discover parts of town that I don't know, and it's been a real blessing enjoying so much sun!


  • Perfume. My mother's Versace that I borrowed when I went to an oh so lovely classical music concert. And the scent lingered in my hair all through the night, until the next morning when I woke up :)
  • Roses. On my way home from work I pass a couple of houses with beatiful little gardens, where rose bushes in bloom bask in the sun and make the street smell like a little piece of heaven :)

  • Fresh morning air. Perhaps after it's been raining in the night. There's something quite unique about early morning air as it is, but when it gets "early-autumn-wet", I put on my light coat, snuggle up in a big scarf and get excited, because it smells like travelling! I won't be going anywhere for a while, which is a shame. But just for that morning commute, I take a deep breath and pretend I'm on a road trip somewhere... else. 
Believe it or not, this is a view across the river :)

  • Horses. Ah, the places my work takes me sometimes... This time it was a horse trade show. Business was slow, so I spent a lovely day watching the different exhibitions and horse shows... Wondering what happened to that little girl, who wanted to be a horse person. It all smelled like nostalgia and times long gone. Things that could have been and never were...
The mounted police showcase was my favourite. They reminded me of the musketeers. Only minus the swords.

  • Fresh clean bedsheets. 'Cause who doesn't love the smell of clean laundry?

That's all from me for now. We'll see what happens next. I'm looking into redisgning the blog, because the way it is really doesn't make me happy. But I figured that shouldn't stop me from posting if I have something I want to share. So... hopefully see you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!

Music Monthly: September 2013