Hibernation

I think it's safe to observe now that my blog is a bear and it went to sleep to hide from the cold.

Sorry about that, it was not my intention. It still is not my intention for it to be so, but I find myself unable to change it.

Trouble is that the couple of posts I've been preparing are some of the difficult ones, not just in wordiness, but generally in an I-want-them-to-be-just-right way. Then my requalification course started and threw everything in the air.

Instead of editing a millionth version of a blog post, I now find myself spending any "free time" revising history with my super cool flash cards, drawing up lists of kings, peering over books on architecture and trying to learn how to decode specific styles and periods. It's all very interesting. Also very time consuming.

More than that, the course has just advanced to the stage of our outings into the wild streets of Prague. More information to sink into my deepening pool of knowledge. It's all very nice, but I still cannot imagine myself throwing all this information on other people or shall I rather say, I cannot imagine other people being interested enough to care about historical dates, figures, styles of architecture and names.

Whilst trying to maintain an illusion of a social life, I am now under actual pressure from the unemployment office to keep applying for jobs, which doesn't make any sense at all, since I am taking a course to prepare for one and I can't actually start a job until I finish and pass the exam.

And, if all of that was not enough, in a haze of adventurous spirit and a desperate attempt not to be a boring person, I said yes to my sisters invitation to join her (i.e. a school trip from the school where she teaches) on a short trip to Nürnberg in Germany. Seriously who has turned off my brain that I agreed to do this? I don't how I'm gonna survive, because my sleep deprivation is getting worse and worse, but I plan to spy on our tour guide and see if he's doing all the things that we were taught a tour guide should be doing. hee hee. Let's have fun and pretend to be a tourist.

Results:

1) My home is deteriorating into a chaos ruled by piles of paperwork, books and clothes. I don't like it. It makes life complicated. Plus, if there is chaos in my home, it should be ruled by me.
2) My time management skills are constantly being tested and I don't think they're doing very well.

I want it to stop. I want to turn it all off, tidy my room and then curl up in my bed, with a nice cup of tea and I want to read all the books. ALL of them. I mean, there is list. A list of more than 100 books.

Not going to happen, is it?

Well, until further notice, I'm afraid this blog will stay asleep. Good night.



Comments

  1. That's fine. I totally understand. (All my blogs died because the effort put into writing was much bigger than the satisfaction of having them actually done.)

    I still will keep peeping in here from time to time, just in case...

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Music Monthly: September 2013

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!