Meanwhile...

Just to demonstrate that I am not dead and to share a few bits of what I've been up to (while constantly working on more London content for you), here is a summery post full of pictures:

Firstly, I need to make a little disclaimer: the computing devices around me have decided to make my life even more complicated and they just keep dying and then coming alive again. Sometimes they take turns, sometimes they die all at once,... and for no good reason! All in all, it's a bit tricky for an internety person who is trying to be good and work on blog posts. Therefore, please excuse more belatedness in everything.

Now to what I've been doing in the meantime:


- I've been to the Zoo (again), where I ran into a llama who's had just about enough of everything. One day, I'd like to put together a special post dedicated to Prague Zoo and share some of my best snaps of its inhabitants, but I'm afraid that's in the far future for now.


- I finally managed to find a pair of good walking shoes to replace my beloved darlings that are falling apart and that have taken me to many a cool place, including London :) I'm sure I will learn to love the new ones just as well.

- I went to the dentist :/ and then cheered myself up with a summery purchase of some make up that was on on offer (Otherwise, I wouldn't dream of it, of course). My nail polish collection definitely appreciated the new colours :)


- I have enjoyed watching Wimbledon :) Tremendously! This was probably the first year that I've followed most of the tournament and I've finally sort of understood the sport and experienced how exhilarating and thrilling it can be. And that was just on the telly. Imagine being there live! :) Highlights include: the infamous match Djokovic vs. Stepanek; Kvitova going for it like a tigress and winning her second title; the gentleman's final, which was a magnificent and nerve-wracking battle! That was some  on the edge of my seat! I supported Djokovic btw and then I totally welled up during his acceptance speech ;)

- I discovered the magic of Greek youghurt :) especially the dreamy and delicious honey flavour.

- I made some new friends from Hong Kong and went out to show them around Prague, in return for which favour I received a little snack :) It also made me re-consider the possibility of becoming a tour guide.

- I finally finished reading Atonement by Ian McEwan! Shamefully, I must admit that on and off it actually took me years. In the end, I identified the main inhibition that kept me from finishing it more quickly: I'd seen the film first, therefore I lacked the inquisitive drive to find out what happens. This just proves what I have always known: Never ever watch a film adaptation before reading the book. Should you want me to elaborate on what I think about the book, give me a shout in the comments :)

How has summer been treating you so far?

Whether it's chilled and relaxed or full of action and adventure, I hope you're having a great time :) Bye bye for now, xx.

Comments

  1. I WANT to watch the film first, otherwise I will be disapointed with it, when it's not as good as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Atonement years ago. Although I had troubles getting through the first half, I enjoyed the book as a whole very much - the contrasting mode of storytelling in both parts, the lovestory, the unexpected ending, the eponymous atonement... I think I even shed a tear or two. Therefore I was utterly disappointed when I tried to watch the movie a couple of months ago. I know it's not meant to be a fairly tale, but in comparison to the book it was kind of... filthy? I wasn't able to finish the film and went to bed before it properly developed. Maybe it's also all Keira Knightly's fault. All she can do as an actress is to pout. :-P

    (See? This point is the only thing in the article I was able to relate to, as I am completely ignorant of makeups, fashion and tennis. Althoug I am fond of llamas, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. I've replied to your comment a while ago, but somehow it didn't appear on here.. :/

      I'm playing with the thought of a short Atonement-related post. Shall I go for it?

      Delete
    2. Definitely! Or any other interesting book you have read...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Music Monthly: September 2013

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!