Music Irregular: Springtime 2014

Hello my little monkeys :) Can't believe it's been a week since got back from my trip to another universe aka London. (If you're not in the loop on what's that all about, check out the "Travelling Tales" label above :) I'm still digging through photos and diary notes... It makes me emotional...

Today however, I have some pre-London music for you. I had this post almost ready before I went and now it shall keep you entertained (I hope) while I prepare some of London stories and pictures to be shared with you. And believe me there is a lot to be said and A LOT of new music for you to listen to :) For now though, let's pretend I haven't gone anywhere yet and listen to a couple of songs that caught my ear in the past weeks/months. I shall keep them in chronological order. Just because I like things to be chronological :D Right, no more useless rambling, I'll just get on with it, shall I?

First up a little bit of HAIM. Mainly, it's just a really good song. Plus I really like that the music video incorporates a little dance routine. It just proves that most of the time there is no need for overcomplicated and difficult dance moves. Because let's face it, the choreography is quite simple. Anyone could learn that. But it is executed with passion and synchronicity and that makes it effective :)



I saw the title of this next track and as I am very fond of Mr Astaire and his moves, I had to click on it :) and I was taken to a lovely dance session and a quite a lovely song :) I'm not sure which I enjoy more... Probably the music video, i.e. the dancing.




There was a a week or more when each night, before I turned off my laptop and went to bed, I played this song and sang along :) Not the first tune by Clean Bandit that caught my ears. I love the instrumentation so much! Nothing too complex, but it mixes the very modern electric sound of today with some good old classical instruments in a prefect blend. In fact I love the song so much that I am seriously thinking of bullying some of my more "instrumental" friends into recording a cover with me... or just doing something fun with it.



"Riptide" by Vance Joy is one of those catchy, summery little numbers that kept me alive during my recent trip into the world of fashion retail, the story of which you can read here, if you want to. I'm not forcing you, it's a long read about the inner workings of my mind. There is a nice moral at the end though ;)



Keeping on the same wave length, I recently heard this old favourite of mine again and it strangely coincided and resonated with what I'd been going through during that infamous part-timey fashion retail experience (that I just won't shut up about), mainly the first day of it. Listen to the amazing voice of Emeli Sandé in "Clown". Some of the lyrics cut very deep and almost made me cry, e.g.: "I'd be smiling if I wasn't so desperate" and "I'd be less angry if it was my decision, And the money was just rolling in, If I had more than my ambition" And yes, I did feel like I was selling out. On the plus side, I was pleased to find out that if I warm up properly, I can actually sing this song and it's not too bad :)



That's all from me for now. I should get back to organizing London memories, so I can give you something asap. Here's a little heads up on what you can expect: 
  • stories of extraordinary bravery and mind battles of a lone, travelling Maree
  • an epic, 3-part, very musical recount of the Hudson Taylor gig in Electric Ballroom, Camden :)
  • basic touristy tales of what I've seen and where I went (including photos, of course)
Until next time, music lovers ;) Take care of yourselves! xx

Comments

  1. Thanks for the updates, was myself on a vacation trip last week, had to check your blog immediatelly. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Music Monthly: September 2013

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!