Music Irregular and Updates

Weeeeeell, how shall I say this... I hope you have your tissues ready. As you might have guessed, in my 3-week blogging silence, Music Monthly would not be happening.

Amidst of me being super social (ergo super exhausted), trying to be a good family person, increasing the job hunting efforts and planning exciting adventures... I will be taking a little Music Monthly break. Let's call it a hiatus. I might bring it back next month, in a couple of months or next year, who knows. But for now, I think I need to let go... Let go of the pressure I've put on myself. I need it to be fun again.

I apologize to those of you, who are fond of my playlists and music-y writings, specifically to Adalberto, who is the one outspoken supporter of this feature. Do not despair. Taking a break in Music Monthly doesn't mean I won't write about any music at all. Maybe I will end up spicing up some of my other posts with a song or two. And of course if there are any major developments on the front of my absolutely-favourite-couldn't-live-without-them interprets, you won't be able to escape the news. In fact, chances are that Music Monthly could evolve into... Music Irregular :D

Actually, no I remembered, I should share with you the results of my ever so awesome poll that I had here recently. (Ehmm... "recently"... )

I'm not going to pretend that I understand how the percentage works when you could choose more options...
I admit I was gutted that music was doing so badly in the poll. It seems that everybody likes Life (good, me too!) and Arts & Crafts (cool! I do need to get more creative again.) and then there was a late surge for Books and Music got left behind completely... Lo and behold, a couple of weeks later, the poll comes true!  You guys knew before I knew :D I pretty much agree with what the poll says. Except for the books. (Here follows an unnecessary explanation about me and books: I have been trying to get back into reading properly and maybe share some thoughts, tips and maybe even "reviews". I used to be quite a bookworm. But my relationship with literature got damaged by university studies and I still haven't completely bounced back. Every couple of months it seems like I'm in, really excited about a particular piece of writing that I can't put down and read cover to cover. And then when I try to pick up another book after that, it's not there...) Anyway, the book blogging might or might not happen.

What will be happening, and I can promise you that, is more life posts. Aaaand, if you cross your fingers for me, there might be something very exciting and adventurous happening later this year, which will result in a lot of blog posts and pictures :)

End of story, I will see you soon :) x
______________

P.S. (This is me not writing about music: ) You need to listen to this!



No surprise there, is it? :D Don't blame me, their music is just too good to be ignored. This song, "Try", written specifically to pick up somebody who was not feeling well, carries the perfect life lesson. I wanted to make some sort of a graphic art thingy from the awesome lyrics, but either I'm stupid and fail to make use of any of the photo editors that I know, or I just don't have the right program. If you have any tips on where and how to make it, please let me know in the comments. Help would be appreciated. It's supposed to look something like this:


Oh did I mention that it's the B-side to "Weapons" ? B-side as in Weapons is available on vinyl and "Try" is on the B-side! Like in the good olden days :) Oh yeah, and I went crazy and ordered that vinyl record. And when it arrived, it was signed by the boys! What and amazing surprise :)

Eeek! Their actual guitary hands signed this :)
And now it really is the end. I'm not writing about music. Not regularly that is.

Comments

  1. you can try Illustrator or Photoshop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what an honour being mentioned in your blog post! *blushing*
    As long as you write on other topics at least 5 posts a month, I don't mind Music Monthly being Music Irregular. (Talk about letting go of the pressure, hehe).
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hudson Taylor at Electric Ballroom

Music Monthly: September 2013

Milé divadlo, chybíš mi!